>

Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Know your 7 Deadly sins

"Humans are not Perfect"  - these group of words are too common among us. We use it around every time we argue with another, every time we disappoint someone, every time you thought you did all your best to do your job but your boss was not impressed enough and etc and etc...   


I came across with this book of Gerard P Weber where I am surprised for all those years, part of my life was divided and blinded by these 7 sins. Take time to look on you past. Reflect and Realize something. Remember that your past will affect your today and today will determine your tomorrow.

How about those people who are perfectionist? Well, they have a big problem  because these 7 sins
are like snakes crawling to our bed and whispering to our ears tempting us to do it, to continue work on it.  They are like robbers at night, you never know you already lost a lot. You might not know, your problem today is because of your anger or your unbreakable Pride, or Lusty actions, or because of you being greedy, or of feeling envious to others, or your being gluttony, or just being sloth.   Now I'll give to you the most helpful  way to avoid them... PRAYER. Arranged perfectly to push them away.

- ANGER OR WRATH -
"LORD, when my button is pushed and I feel angry, help me realize that I need to forgive just as I have been unconditionally forgiven by you." 

- PRIDE OR VANITY

"LORD, you resist the proud. Help me know what I am truly capable of doing and of not doing.  Give me the widom to accept my limitations as well as to acknowledge the gifts you have given me.  This I ask in the name of Jesus."


- GREED OR AVARICE

"LORD, you have freely given me all the gifts I have.  Help me share them just as freely with other -- especially whose who have less that I.  And deliver me from all inordinate attachments to money and possessions."

- LUST - 
(excessive sexual appetites) 

"LORD, thank you for the gift of sex. Please give me the wisdom to know its proper place in my life and the strength to keep it in that place."

- ENVY OR JEALOUSY - 

"LORD, you rejoice in the talents and achievements of even the least gifted of your children. You put no value on the gold and silver some people pile up.  Please touch our hearts to rejoice in the talents of others.  Help us realize that our true value lies not in what we accomplish our have but in being loved, by you and sharing that love with other."

- SLOTH -
(laziness or idleness)

"GOD OF POWER AND MIGHT, send us your Spirit with a fire of wisdom to inspire us and a mighty wind to move us into action so we can joyfully do your work in this world."

- GLUTTONY -
(over-indulgence) 

"O LORD, give me the strength to put my life in your hands and to say no to those things that are trying to control me."


God never left us behind and He will never will 'till the end.  If you feel alone and drown to the bitterness and temptations of the world, help your self to avoid them and PRAY. 

Leave us a note of your ideas and prayers below to avoid worlds 7 deadly sins...           

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis